American Leprosy Missions works with the Ministry of Health to find and map people suffering from leprosy and lymphatic filariasis, and stop the spread of leprosy.
Your Support Transforms Lives By
- Mapping leprosy, lymphatic filariasis and related disabilities in order to better target resources
- Stopping the spread of leprosy with a single dose of antibiotics
- Supporting the coordination of international anti-leprosy organizations in Myanmar
Major Objectives and Activities
- Collect and map data on leprosy, lymphatic filariasis and related disabilities to inform the development of a national plan to target cure and care to those most in need
- Protect against leprosy by giving a single dose of antibiotics to close contacts of people with leprosy
- Train health care workers to identify leprosy, screen contacts and administer antibiotics
- Increase efficiency of ILEP member organizations’ leprosy work in Myanmar
FY 2019 Budget
1.8 million people are covered by the Leprosy Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (LPEP) project.
Date Started in Country
You can help stop the spread of leprosy in Myanmar. Donate now.
Story: Your Compassion Sends Loving Care
Living in Myanmar, Sein Nu sits in her bamboo hut. Dressed in peasant’s clothes, she also wears the signs of leprosy. The bridge of her nose has collapsed. Her hands are claws, and she has lost some of her fingers. Her feet are swollen and deformed, and she’s lost some toes. And she has an ulcer on her foot. Read more.