Democratic Republic of the Congo
For more than 80 years, American Leprosy Missions has worked to care for people suffering from leprosy in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Today, your gifts also help cure and care for children, men and women with Buruli ulcer and related diseases.
Your Support Transforms Lives By
- Finding and treating people suffering from Buruli ulcer and related diseases
- Educating communities about these diseases to promote early treatment and reduce stigma
- Preventing disability
- Training health workers
- Providing reconstructive surgeries
- Supporting self-care groups in affected communities
- Providing laboratory equipment and training to improve disease diagnosis
FY 2019 Budget
Date Started in Country
You can cure and care for a child in the DR Congo today. Donate now.
Story: A Young Life Transformed
Mayoyo is an intelligent boy full of energy and potential. But when he was ten years old he got a wound on his leg that would not heal. Read more.