American Leprosy Missions partners with a Christian non-profit in three districts of Côte d’Ivoire to cure and care for underserved people suffering from neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) like leprosy, Buruli ulcer, lymphatic filariasis and yaws.
Your Support Transforms Lives By
- Finding and treating people suffering from NTDs
- Training health workers and leaders the best ways to treat NTDs
- Providing community health education
- Distributing special protective footwear
Major Objectives and Activities
- Improve early detection, treatment and care for people suffering from leprosy, Buruli ulcer, lymphatic filariasis and yaws
- Conduct health education campaigns in schools
- Train hundreds of church leaders, community leaders, doctors, nurses and health workers to recognize and treat NTDs
- Broadcast disease awareness messages on local radio
- Provide special shoes, wheelchairs and prostheses for people with disabilities
- Increase effectiveness by improving program coordination and case finding
- Provide primary and secondary education scholarships
- Fund fuel and motorcycle maintenance for health workers and volunteers to reach patients
FY 2019 Budget
317 patients and health workers, plus more than 600,000 people who receive health screenings and education messages in three rural districts
Date Started in Country
You can cure and care for a suffering child in Côte d’Ivoire. Donate now.
Story: Your Gifts Bring Healing
“It was a boil on my leg, like a small pimple,” says 11-year-old Jacqueline. “I didn’t show it to my mum. But it became a wound, so I then showed it to her.” Read more.